Activity duration approx. 2 hours.
The Whistler Sliding Centre's Public Skeleton Experience is one of Whistler's most unique activities!
No experience is required.
Like an Olympian, you will slide solo on your own skeleton sled. Participants take off from the “Maple Leaf” starting point to slide through the track’s bottom six corners, clocking speeds up to 100 km/hr. Don’t worry that your run might be over too fast, as you get to go down twice! No previous experience is required, you will get familiarized through a thorough orientation session before going on track. The Whistler Sliding Centre is the only place in Canada where public can experience the adrenaline rush of skeleton! Skeleton runs rain, snow or shine so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler, whatever the weather.
(Per Person, 2 Solo Skeleton Rides)
$209 for Canadian residents ages 26+ and non-residents ages 16+
$55 for Canadian residents ages 14-25
25% off the second activity for individuals who book both bobsleigh and skeleton in the same season (book by phone for the discount).
As a not-for-profit, all proceeds from this program directly support our athletes and mission to grow sport.
- No prior skeleton experience is required.
- All participants must be 16 years or older (14 & 15 year-old Canadian residents may participate as targeted athletes).
- Skeleton is a real sport experience:
- Participants may experience a strenuous ride
- Participants must make sure they are ready to slide and meet the weight, height and health requirements outlined in the "Know Before You Go".
- Booking will start in early fall 2023.
- Advance booking is required.
- Full payment is required at time of booking.
- See below for cancellation policy.
- Canadian residents ages 14-25: $209 will be charged at time of booking, upon presentation of valid id at check in a refund of $154 will be issued.
- Before you book, make sure to read the public skeleton "Know Before You Go".
- For any questions, contact us by email or call 604-964-0040.
What to Expect?
Your Public Skeleton Experience commences with an orientation about your ride and track etiquette. After the orientation, your group will get fitted with helmets and you will walk about one third up the track to the “Maple Leaf” start. Watch closely as a staff member does a demonstration run! When it is your turn, the track team will assist you in finding the correct position on your sled. The control tower will announce your name on the big speakers, give your sled the green light, and track crew will gently push you into the track. And you’re off! As you accelerate down the track, remember to “be a sack of potatoes”, as the most relaxed participants reach the highest speeds of over 100 km/hr. The uphill outrun will slow you down, and staff will bring you to a stop and help you off your sled. Head back up for run number two and refine your technique – you want to win the race after all! After your second run, return to Guest Services to check your time and speed, and to collect your commemorative photo.
Download Your Commemorative Photo
- You may cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your booked activity time to receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the booked activity time as well as no-shows are subject to a 100% charge.
- In the event that a session is cancelled (at the discretion of the Whistler Sliding Centre) participants will have the choice of a full refund or re-scheduling.
The Whistler Sliding Centre is a non-profit organization, and all proceeds from public programs go directly towards growing sport and supporting bobsleigh, skeleton and luge athletes.
Whistler Sliding Centre
4910 Glacier Lane
WhistlerBC V8E 0C2