Young participants can now get a taste of the Olympic winter sport of Bobsleigh by piloting their own sled.
Join us at the Whistler Sliding Centre for this 2.5-hour introductory driving school, where a bobsleigh coach will take you through the core skills and techniques needed to pilot a sled. After a brief orientation and track walk, you will be teamed up with a partner and a training sled. With guidance from the coach, you and your partner will take your first runs on the track, taking turns as a brakeman and pilot. Starting at Curve 7 (2/3 of the way up the track), you will pilot your sled reaching speeds of up to 120 km/h while driving through the final nine curves on the Olympic track (read more about our coaches here).
- Individuals aged 16 and up; 13-15 years old in monobob at coach's discretion.
- No previous experience needed.
- Must be physically fit, and meet certain health and safety requirements.
*The age range of 16 to 25 years aligns with long-term athlete development stages in the sliding sports and the Canadian Sport for Life program. This age range allows us to capture early, as well as late stage Olympic potential athletes.
Dates TBD for 2023/24 winter season
- $55 per athlete per session for Canadian residents, ages 16-25 (ID required)*.
- $275 per session, all other participants.
Cost includes use of a bobsleigh and helmet. Additional information will be provided upon registration.
- Program registration for 2023/24 is now open. Sliding will start in November 2023.
- Canadian residents ages 16-25: $275 will be charged at time of booking, upon presentation of valid ID at check-in a refund of $220 will be issued.
- Contact us by phone at 604-964-0044 or by email for any further questions.